7th June 2018
At the beginning of May we all headed off to Lush in Ipswich for the weekend to promote our services and raise some money through their charity pots. In total Lush raised £204.56 for us – a fantastic amount which will go towards running our services here in Suffolk. The wonderful people of Ipswich also donated £20.00 by popping their spare change into our donation pots. We loved getting out and chatting to people about our services and hopefully our Lush weekend will be the one of many events we will be heading to in the near future – So look out for our purple banners.
24th May 2018
The Government are currently consulting on the proposed Domestic Abuse Bill. Suffolk Rape Crisis have responded highlighting our concerns about the narrow remit of this proposed Bill and the notable absence of sexual violence from the consultation and impact assessment. In our response we highlight the following 6 points:
- The need to create a Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Bill which addresses the needs of victims/survivors of sexual violence
- The provision of ring-fenced, long-term centralised government funding for Rape Crisis Centres that allows them to respond to demand on their services
- Improvements in local commissioning processes to ensure that independent specialist support is provided to victims/survivors
- Migrant women living in “hostile environment” must be included
- The ratification and full implementation of the Istanbul Convention obligations
- That the £1 million funding allocation for a Domestic Abuse Commissioner’s office is instead diverted to frontline services
You can read our full response here.
There are currently no upcoming events please check back soon!